After carefully reviewing all 3 Minutes Thesis (3MT) submissions, we are delighted to announce the shortlist of finalists (in random order):
- Nelida Mirabet,“Social media filters: Beautification for humans but a critical issue for AI”, EURECOM Sophia Antipolis, France.
- Claudio Battiloro, “Signal Processingand Learning overTopological Spaces”, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy.
- Laëtitia Launet, “Deep Learning Methodologies for Spitzoid Melanocytic Tumors Characterization”, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain.
- Martin Gölz, “Spatial Inference via Multiple Hypothesis Testing”, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany.
- Mary John, “Treasured Chests -A Breast Cancer Detection Research”, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates.
- Ids van der Werf, “Doppler tolerant underwater communications”, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands.
- Naizla Karimian Sichan, “Antenna Array and Waveform Design for 4D-Imaging mmWave MIMO Radar Sensors”, Shahid Beheshti University(Iran) and University of Luxemburg.
- Dariush Salami, “Unleashing the power of RF magic: Transforming Lives, Building a Sustainable Future!”, Aalto University and Nokia Bell Labs, Finland.
- Hatef Otroshi, “Deep Template Protection: Deep Learning in Biometric Template Protection”, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne and Idiap Research Institute, Switzerland.
- Arvid Trap, “Statistical characterization of non-stationary random vibration”, Munich University of Applied Sciences, Germany.
- Ritujoy Biswas, “Speech Intelligibility Improvement through Optimized Voice Transformation in Transfer Learning Framework”, Indian Institute of Technology Jammu,India.
We acknowledge that, in this edition of the contest, the quality has been exceptional. These finalists were chosen from a total of 39 video submissions; therefore, many brilliant presentations could not be selected.
The 3MT finalists are invited to give their live presentation on Tuesday 5 September at EUSIPCO 2023. We look forward to an exciting event at the conference!
The student activities chairs