Helsinki is a modern European capital full of unique architecture, surrounded by beautiful nature and beaming with culture. Here are some of our top tips for the ultimate Helsinki experience!
- Discover Finnish Architecture: A simple walk around the city can reveal its most interesting sights. In the Töölönlahti area you can see Finland’s sturdy Parliament House, visit the subterranean Temppeliaukio Rock Church and marvel at the modern design of Oodi Library.
- Explore the Archipelago: Hop on a ferry for a day trip to one of the many islands off the coast of Helsinki. Discover traces of the ice-age along Vartiosaari’s nature trail, feel the history of Helsinki’s famous sea fortress Suomenlinna, or spend the day with monkeys and tigers at the Korkeasaari zoo.
- Find inner calm in the sauna: Amidst the bustle of the city, you can find moments of tranquility in Helsinki’s public saunas. Enjoy Löyly’s woodfire saunas and cool-off in its outdoor swimming area. Or if you prefer a warmer swim, check out Allas Sea Pool located right in the centre of the city.
Find out what else you can discover in the Helsinki region >>
As a year-round destination, Finland has a lot to offer to all kinds of travellers. Venture outside Helsinki to experience the changing seasons, the regional cuisine, and diversity of nature.
- Lapland: Breathe in the fresh air of the wilderness, sample the exotic delicacies of the North, and if you get lucky, you might even witness the Aurora Borealis light up the night sky. And you can’t miss out on a chance to see reindeer and visit the home of Santa Claus in Rovaniemi!
- Lakeland: Reconnect with nature amidst the serene lakes and emerald green forests, marvel at the view from Koli, or visit cities like Tampere and Savonlinna to experience different aspects of Finland.
- Coast & Archipelago: Lively coastal cities, national parks, and historic manors. All this and much more is waiting to be discovered in Finland’s beautiful coastal region. With an archipelago consisting of more than 50,000 islands, many easily accessible by a ferry or a bridge, new sights, sounds and culinary experiences await!
Discover all that Finland has to offer >>